Frequently Asked

Student FAQ's

1When I complete my Diploma or Advanced Diploma, what can I do next?

Many students face this question. Depending on the country you are from you have several options for staying in Australia. You may continue your education with a Higher Education degree (573 Visa), holiday throughout Australia (Tourism Visa), or work and holiday throughout Australia (Working Holiday, Work & Holiday Visas).

Many of our students wish to stay in Australia and use their new qualification to branch into higher education. With diplomas and advanced diplomas, up to 8 units can articulate into other universities throughout Australia. This saves up to a year credit into a Bachelor’s Degree

2What is the University study pathway?

At AIBT we work with our students in order to help them attain their goals. Our courses allow students to have up to a 1.5 year credit transfer into a Bachelor’s Degree program. Want to go to one of the top 8? No worries. We will help customise a qualification that will articulate more units so that you can finish in a shorter amount of time.

3What will be the duration of post study full time work permit?

Work rights depend on the study visa you currently possess. If on a Vocational Education and Training Sector Visa (Subclass 572) OR (ELICOS 570) you may work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight (which begins on any Monday and ends on the second following Sunday) throughout the year and unlimited hours when your course is not in session. Your family, if they accompany you in Australia may also work 40 hours per fortnight. You are allowed to work in Australia for the duration that you are on your student visa.

If you are enrolled in Masters by coursework (Subclass 573) you may work more hours. Confirm through which working rights you may have.

4I do not have TOEFL or IELTS, how am I to obtain an English proficiency result?

Firstly, if you are from a level 1 or 2 assessment country, you do not need to take a standardised exam. AIBT has an English test that is administered to each student. To find out if you are from a level 1 or 2 country, contact AIBT today at

AIBT accepts five different English testing results: Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT), Pearson Test of English (PTE), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), and Occupational English Test (OET) Certificate. Please see our English Requirements for 572 Student Visas Page

Where can I go to sit for one of these tests?

In order to find the testing centre nearest you, please use these helpful links below: (CAE) (TOEFL) (PTE) (IELTS) (OET)

What is the cost of sitting for these tests? CAE fees are set by test centres. Expect to pay around $150 Euros or AUD $220

TOEFL varies by country, use this link to help find out the cost in your country: PTE fees are set by test centres. Fees in Australia are around AUD $330 IELTS fees are standardised. Expect to pay around AUD $330 OET fees are standardised. Expect to pay around AUD $587

5Is the English test at my expense?

Yes, you are responsible for paying for the English test.